Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jobs and more Jobs

I've been looking into getting a job nights and weekends for the last couple of months. So about two weeks ago I started working at a gym in Grand Rapids. The greatest benefit to this is that I get a free membership and it is a 24 hour gym so I can go workout whenever I find the time to. I am also working from home for the gym which is another great benefit. I just put in 3-4 hours a day when the kids are napping.

Well with this in mind I decided ok this is going to work really well for the family, I am making money, spending time with the kids and Tom, so I am no longer going to apply anywhere else. I stopped reading papers, online advertisements, etc etc and was happy as could be. Well all the sudden Wed I got a phone call from Meijer for a position they wanted me to interview for. So today I went in for the interview and was told to expect a second interview late next week. This would be a full time position nights and weekends. I also have been getting emails lately for tutoring, painting murals, canvases, and various other odd jobs that I do. When I finally gave up looking is when jobs started coming to me.

I am excited by the prospects of all this but at the same time am worried that I might be stretching myself thin.....Being grown up is hard...

No comments: